Catching up with Rommel, Genghis Khan and SubversionNovember 24, 2005
Long time no blog...
I have been pretty busy lately which is why I didn't blog for a while (hmm... I keep repeating myself on this one :D). I have been real busy with school the last couple of weeks and had some personal projects I really needed to finish.
After I did finish these I took a couple of days of from life and did absolutely nothing except for hunting the Afrika Korps out of Africa (Noisy Flash-site warning!!!) and working on my campaign for Mongolian World Domination(Noisy Flash-site warning!!!).
Initial setup didn't go so great, I had trouble configuring the thing correctly and didn't really understand the authorization part of the configuration. I was trying to run it with the svnserve daemon and a SSH tunnel but I couldn't get it to work flawlessly.
After screwing around with it and finally RTFM I decided to go the Apache & DAV route. This went pretty easy I must say. After configuring it I have been playing around with it and started using it for some school projects and I must say I really like it.
After the initial installation I apt-getted WebSVN as well. It is a PHP web interface for Subversion and it's pretty nice. It has got template support and supports RSS feeds for the repositories out of the box (hooray for RSS!!!).
I am going to wrap it up for this post. I am considering writing a Subversion tutorial one of these days but I will probably never get around to it :D.